Welcome to the Baby Tress Beauty Bar, where you set the beauty standard.
This trippy sound visual is a collaboration between Baby Tress and WOMON, an HTX-based sound practitioner focused on creating safe spaces to heal, connect, and discover through curated sound experiences, archives, and text.
Initially inspired by the delicate balance of laying and setting edges, we set out to create a soundtrack for getting ready. We wanted to explore how our Edge Styler and Edge Setting scarf could be more than just hair tools, but the conduit through which we create our highest selves. The result is a virtual salon reality scored to the affirmation "I want my rhythm"
Press play, then get lost in the soundwaves.
- Nu World Burdens - KeiyaA
- Rose Water - Hiatus Kaiyote
- Good & Plenty (Xavier Blk Rewerk)
- Kampala Dance - Sango
- Yebo/Sema - Masego
- Disco Matanga (KNVL edit) - Sauti Sol ft. Sho Madjozi & Black Motion
- Whole Lotta Groove - Bauhouse
- Twist and Turn (King Most Edit) - Drake, Popcan & Partnextdoor
- Creative Director - Shannon Aspen
- Sounds by - WOMON
- Hairstylist - MMSMITHCO
- Hair Model - Akili King
- Photo/Video - Impromptu Studios
- Trippy Motion Graphics - James H