Just so we’re all on the same page, here's a glossary of our most used edges and baby hair related terms ;)
Baby Hair [/ˈbābē/ /her/]
noun1. The shorter, finer hairs around your hairline. Some people may have them, some may not
“Sometimes I lay my baby hairs, sometimes I don’t.”
1. The hair on the perimeter of your hairline. These hairs may vary in length and thickness.
“I don’t have baby hairs, I have edges!”
Kiss Curl [/kis/ /kərl/]
1. A lock of hair curled and pressed flat against the face
“I want my side-burns to curl like Josephine Baker’s kiss curls”
other variations include: swirled; swirly
1. The act of laying your baby hairs or edges in a twisting or spiraling pattern
“I swirled my edges to the gawds this morning!”
1. A dental tool made for cleaning your teeth, but commonly used to lay edges
2. The crusty thing you need to throw away
On Fleek [/än,ôn/ /flēk/]
other variations include: fleek; fleeky
1. A term coined by @peaches__monroee
2. Extremely good, fly AF, super poppin’
“Her baby hairs stay on fleek!”
other variations include: lay
1. The act of doing your baby hairs or edges
“I laid my edges this morning with Got2Be and they’re still in place!”
2. Of a high standard, good-looking, hot
“Your edges are LAIDDD!”
Edge Control [/ej/ /kənˈtrōl/]
synonyms: edge gel
“This edge control better do its job.”
other variations include: slicked
1. The act of smoothing your edges or baby hairs.
Rattail Comb [/rat tāl/ /kōm/]
1. a comb for hair that has a narrow, pointed handle.
“I don’t need a rattail comb to do my edges anymore because my Baby Tress Edge Styler has a pointed tip!”
Wave Cap /wāv/ /kap/
Synonyms: stocking cap; durag
1. A piece of cloth worn over the hair to protect or create waves.
“I like to wear my silk wave cap at night to protect my hair.”
Synonyms: scarf; head scarf
1. A cinched piece of cloth worn over the hair to protect it from tension and breakage.
“Sometimes I forget to put my bonnet on at night and I always regret it in the morning.”
Boar Bristles /bôr brisəls/
1. Soft and flexible bristles that come from a wild boar.
“My Edge Styler has soft boar bristles that are perfect for swooping my edges!”